How we can help ordinary investors succeed

Our goal

Our goal at Active Investing is to help ordinary investors succeed in the stock market.

In a low interest rate environment, the stock market is a great place to put your money to work.

Let’s face it, if you are lucky enough to be a superannuation millionaire, your income from bank interest will give you less than the old age pension.

In order to adequately grow our wealth, we need to take some risks by investing.

What better way to learn about investing on the stock market, than from Warren Buffett, the world’s greatest stock market investor.

When someone visited Buffett’s office at Bershire Hathaway, they were shocked to see wall upon wall of filing cabinets. What did these filing cabinets contain? Company reports.

The secret of Buffett’s success was and is a prodigious memory, using mathematics rather than feelings, understanding the businesses he bought shares in, and the simple hard work of studying every stock on the stock market.

When Buffett found one that met his investment criteria, he bought it, pilling in, buying as much of the stock as he could. Buffett eventually owned most of Coca Cola, a company we refuse to invest in, based on ethical grounds. We do not desire wealth at the price of others’ deteriorating health.

At Active Investing we use a similar approach, but use technology to do most of the memory, maths and analysis work.

Did you know Warren Buffett was a finalist in a world bridge championship? Buffett had prodigious memory, analysis and maths skills to compete at that level. To gain the sort of competitive advantage Buffett had over other investors, we use technology.

How much time do you spend on the sell decision?

We believe the reason many people lose money on the stock market, or do not make the gains they should, is that they devote 95% of their time on the buy decision. That leaves only 5% of their time for the sell decision.

Active investing is intelligent investing. The investor devotes 50% of their time to the buy decision, and 50% of their time on the sell decision.

Using our Active Investing system, we rated Blackmores a sell, and sold all our Blackmores shares at $200.00 a share. We collected a tidy profit before the stock dropped to $97.91. We sold all our Vita Group (VTG) shares at $4.99, taking handsome profits again, before the stock dropped 39.7%.

In October 2015 we bought Galaxy Resources (GXY) at 5.6 cents a share. On 16 Jan 2017 the stock closed at 67 cents a share, a 1,096% increase.

In March 2016 we bought Core Exploration (CXO) at 3.3 cents. The stock reached a high of 15 cents on 3 Oct 16, an increase of 354%.

On 1 Nov 2016 we bought Noxopharm (NOX) at 38 cents to see it reach a high of 89 cents on 23 Nov, a 134% increase in three weeks. Over the 50 trading days from 6 Sep to 14 Nov 2016, 70 stocks on the ASX rose between 50% and 420%? That’s right. In two months you could have made 420% buying the right stock. Over the same period, the ASX 200 dropped 68 points.

How many of these profit opportunities did you share in?

Buy, sell or hold

Knowing what to buy, and when to buy, sell or hold is the essence of making money on the stock market. Active investors monitor their holdings daily as an essential risk management strategy.

At activeinvesting.com.au we analyse 2,109 ASX codes and companies daily to guide our investment decisions. Whether you are an SMSF manager, or a mum and dad investor, you can share in this exciting new knowledge base at a modest cost. We have three levels of subscription: bronze, silver and gold tailored to your individual budget requirements.

The higher the return, the higher the risk

We do not promise to take the risk or worry away from investing in the stock market. That would be disingenuous. One of the cardinal rules of investing is this – the higher the prospective return, the higher the potential risk. Single investments with high potential risk therefore form a small percentage of our overall portfolio.

As a paid subscriber you will have access to the results produced by the highly sophisticated mathematical tools we use to minimise the risk of investing, and maximise potential growth opportunities hidden within stocks.

Our Active Investing system has been tested over a long period of time using our own money, not other people’s money. We only make available to you the information we use to guide our own investment decisions, aligning our interests with your interests.

Which membership package would best suit you?